Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Selling pre-loved nappies online

(7 Posts)
fudge74 Fri 05-Oct-12 16:54:25

Hi I have a large and varied collection of pre-loved cloth nappies and wraps that I want to sell online.

There are loads on ebay that are listed as new (only option) then described clearly as used in the main listing text. Has anyone had any trouble getting listings removed because of this/complaits from buyers etc?

How should nappies be described? How much detail? Should I avoid ebay and go elsewhere?

Has anyone had any other trouble from buying or selling used nappies who can advise me to avoid me making the same mistakes....?

Indith Fri 05-Oct-12 16:57:39

Facebook. Search cloth nappies and there are a couple of big groups where people buy and sell.

fergoose Fri 05-Oct-12 18:06:57

used nappies aren't allowed on eBay and any listed will be removed.

fudge74 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:51:39

But fergoose there are loads on there, and loads that show as sold when you search for completed listings. Do you think people just chance it?

Indith - thanks - I have never joined facebook. Feeling more socially excluded by the day! This may break it for me, if that is the best way to sell, though!

fergoose Fri 05-Oct-12 20:54:45

just because people list them it doesn't mean it is allowed - and if reported eBay will remove the listings.

KittyBump Fri 05-Oct-12 20:58:05

I sold mine on gumtree. It was very easy, very quick and best of all free. Also no postage and packing as they were collected.

blondiedollface Fri 05-Oct-12 20:59:07

Facebook is a really great platform to buy, trade and sell used cloth nappies smile Just search 'pre-loved cloth' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now