Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I'm new to selling - how long do you wait to be sure buyers are not going to try to return etc...?

(5 Posts)
fudge74 Thu 04-Oct-12 20:59:32

Hi there ebay experts! I had my first round of auctions finish last saturday and sold 10 of the 14 things I'd put on smile
I posted them all on Monday morning (all had paid straight away, thankfully) and I have had two buyers come back with small problems, one of which is already resolved.
My question is, how long should I wait till I can be sure there will be no other problems - I don't want to go spending my paypal credit only to find I am getting other returns!!
Also, why do people say 'no returns' if you can't refuse a return?
confused

fergoose Thu 04-Oct-12 21:11:56

A buyer has 45 days to open a paypal dispute for not received/as described.

No returns means nothing, and a seller can't refuse a return if an item is not as described.

bigpaws Fri 05-Oct-12 05:32:05

I am also new to selling on EBay. I have restrictions on my account -
1) I can only sell up to 10 items a month
2) my PayPal money isn't available until after 45 days OR until the buyer has left positive feedback.
I think you just need to patiently wait for either!

fudge74 Fri 05-Oct-12 16:50:13

Thanks!

So can you refuse a return if the item IS as described? I recall reading on this thread someone advising to make description as brief as possible. What is the balance between a good description and one that is bound to come back and bite you??

fergoose Fri 05-Oct-12 16:57:13

no you can't refuse a return - a buyer would just open a not as described dispute against you and would probably leave a neg and low stars too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now