Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

No contact from Seller after winning item...

(9 Posts)
SilkieChicken Thu 04-Oct-12 10:08:53

I won and paid for an item early on the 30th Sept. My payment has been showing in my eBay summary as pending since. I have messaged the seller but no response.

I had been in contact with seller prior to the listing ending with a question. Is there anything I can do? It's a dress that I really wanted.

fergoose Thu 04-Oct-12 10:29:11

you can pull their phone number and call them

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=9

A pending payment will have been sent to the wrong email address, if you log into paypal and click on the payment you can see the address it has gone to. Send seller a copy of this (wrong) address, they will then need to add this in their paypal account so they can access the money. I presume they typed in the wrong email address. At present your seller hasn't received payment so this could be why they haven't sent the item.

sarahtigh Thu 04-Oct-12 17:34:00

it could be that paypal for reasons best known to themselves have sent payment by e-cheque, it happened to buyer of mine suddenly everytihng was e cheques though had money in papyapl used it daily for years gltches sometimes just happen

SilkieChicken Sat 06-Oct-12 20:18:03

I pulled the phone number, made contact with the seller who said they had been having problems with eBay but assured me they would sort it out.

Two days later... nada.

fergoose Sat 06-Oct-12 21:33:33

so had they put the wrong email address on the listing?

SilkieChicken Mon 08-Oct-12 13:22:26

She just said that she would look into it and get back to me. I tried to ring again but no answer.

Is there anything I can do to report the seller not fulfilling their end of the bargain. Just checking before I cancel my PayPal payment.

Just lately I have come across a few flaky sellers. Why bother selling if you don't actually want to post the item to the winning buyer?

mustbetimetochange Mon 08-Oct-12 13:23:25

cancel the payment and cut your losses, report it to ebay

SilkieChicken Mon 08-Oct-12 23:09:42

Thanks mbttc, can I ask how I do that?

ladydayblues Thu 11-Oct-12 15:27:12

This happened to me. Was really annoyed as it was an item I really wanted. I contacted the Seller several times, letting them know that Ebay has access to all corespondence between us... nada. I contacted Ebay and then left negative feedback saying what had happened. Eventually Ebay removed the item from my "pending". Never heard again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now