Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Collect Plus dimensions limits

(9 Posts)
lljkk Tue 02-Oct-12 12:52:32

Their website says max 50cm x 30 cm x 30 cm. Total = 110cm
I have an item which well packaged would measure (at very max) 40 x 50 x 20, Total = 110cm. (and maybe just over 2kg)
Would I be able to send it with Collect+? Anyone know?

dizzyday07 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:28:59

I would say yes. The ones I've sent have maybe been over on one dimension but been less on another. Your differences are minimal so I can't see them getting their inch tape out to check!

lljkk Tue 02-Oct-12 18:13:54

I went ahead & used RM (managed to get item below 2 kg so only 30p more than CP).
I've read that if the shop accepts the item then it has to go with CollectPlus. is that true? What if they did reject, though, would I get my money back on the label?

sarahtigh Wed 03-Oct-12 08:42:35

no

collect plus take heavy parcels and in 2-6 kg category are much cheaper than royal mail RM £8.80 collect plus £5

lljkk Wed 03-Oct-12 09:34:47

but you still have those dimension limits, I think, they are the limiting factor, not the weight.

Okay for some items, but not for many many others.

lljkk Wed 03-Oct-12 09:39:07

ooh! I found a place to ask C+ my question, I will report back here.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 03-Oct-12 10:29:53

I discovered MyHermes yesterday. Similar to collect+ in that you can drop your parcels off to a shop but their dimensions limit was quite a bit more than collect+. Bizarrely, it cost more to drop off than for them to send a driver out to my address to collect it confused. It did save me waiting in all day though.

lljkk Wed 03-Oct-12 17:30:44

Collect Plus replied: 50cm is definitely the maximum length allowed. Terse reply otherwise, but makes me think that 2nd dimension max allowed = 30 cm, etc.
I imagine that plenty of depots would accept bigger, but if there were a problem they wouldn't pay out on insurance. So not much worth risking.

From what I can work out not a single MyHermes deposit point within 1 hour drive of me.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 03-Oct-12 18:24:24

That's a shame. It took me a while to work out where my nearest shop was blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now