Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer requesting I post item to the Ukraine when I stated that I would post to UK

(5 Posts)
AGreenie Mon 01-Oct-12 09:40:00

Hi,

I have only just started selling a few of my baby items on eBay and so am relatively inexperienced with selling (not so much with the buying though grin).

One of my (more expensive) items sold last night, I had stated that I would post to the UK however I recieved a message this morning to ask whether I would post to the Ukraine).

I'm not sure that I am happy to do this, so I wanted to check with people more experienced:
- would you post to the Ukraine or cancel the sale?
Does anyone have experience of posting to the Ukraine?
I think that the buyer should have asked me this before bidding.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks!

AGreenie Mon 01-Oct-12 09:45:31

bump

SNOWBall4girlz Mon 01-Oct-12 11:29:23

Hi there, I do not post abroad any more with out the added insurance of airsure or international signed for.

It is expensive enough to put off buyers and personally I would ask your buyer to cancel the transaction as you state UK only.
Too many items get lost sad. That is just my opinion though. If you cancel by mutual agreement you will get your fees back.

fergoose Mon 01-Oct-12 11:29:26

well first of all you need to change your settings to stop foreign bidders, just stating it isn't enough - you need to actually stop bidders from countries you don't ship to.

You can cancel the sale, but if the buyer refuses it then you won't get your fees back.

Have they paid yet? If so refund them and then you can send them a cancellation request.

AGreenie Mon 01-Oct-12 12:45:58

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, I will cancel the sale and change my settings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now