Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Concert ticket help NOW please

(12 Posts)
Charleymouse Sat 29-Sep-12 23:17:43

Ok
Panicking

Have listed tickets for concert locally, event on Monday.

Whilst I was out at a kids party this afternoon the only bidder has asked if they can pay cash on collection (after bidding). I ignored this as it said not to do transaction outside of ebay and it said in listing Paypal only due to one day listing rules.

I foolishly thought they would be bid by someone else so no worries. DOH. Bidder later asks me to cancel her bid as she already has tickets. (She actually bought tickets to the same event via ebay on the 24th Sept). I did not cancel bid and just hoped someone else would bid before auction end

Fast track to auction end and this bidder is the only bidder and has won. She does not want the tickets and I can not go to the resolve problem thingummyjig as event is on Monday. What do I do? Can I relist and not pay final value fee ?

Please help as have not got a clue.

Thnak -you in anticipation

InvisibleHotPinkWeasel Sat 29-Sep-12 23:19:29

Cancel the transaction. The bidder agrees you get fees back and relist.

Charleymouse Sat 29-Sep-12 23:22:26

Right , where do I find the cancel option do I just go via the relist option and is it in there somewhere?

InvisibleHotPinkWeasel Sat 29-Sep-12 23:25:01

No go through resolution. It will then give the option of unpaid item dispute or cancel transaction.

Charleymouse Sat 29-Sep-12 23:33:46

Thank-you. CM

Ok being really dumb where is resolution option?

Charleymouse Sat 29-Sep-12 23:34:44

Aha found it

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 23:41:14

and you must not take paypal for the tickets as I am sure you will be handing them over in person - so insist on cash only, never paypal for collected items.

Charleymouse Sat 29-Sep-12 23:52:51

Ooh it would not let me list cash as option due to one day auction rule gubbins?

Yes will be handing them over as they are not even in my posession yet they are still at the Arena as I didn't get them posted out, hence why the last minute panic to sell them as I forget I had them as I do not actually have them in my grubby little mit yet. Not sure whether to collect them tomorrow now and redo photo as photo is of my other ticket as selling due to double booking.

Any advice? I was assuming people would feel more confident collecting them from the Arena hot off the press as it were and would ensure they were valid tickets but not sure now. Just a bit grumpy that now it is relisted with less than 48 hours to go. Not happy with the bidder. At all, nope nope nope!

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 23:57:40

just write on the listing cash only - you must never take paypal for collected items.

Charleymouse Sun 30-Sep-12 00:01:41

Thank you Invisible and Fergoose.

Item is now relisted and I will edit the text bit to say cash is okay on collection. Only prob is if they agree to collect and pay cash on the night and don't turn up I've blown it havent I? If they Paypal after purchase and collect on the night then all is okay dokay or am I missing something.

fergoose Sun 30-Sep-12 00:07:39

no it is not ok - they can claim with paypal item not received and get their money back after you have given them the tickets - which is why it should only be cash on collection.

Charleymouse Sun 30-Sep-12 00:15:35

Aaaah all becomes clear. Cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now