Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Business Sellers Buy It Now Refund Policy & Requirements Regarding Postage ?

(12 Posts)
Willowisp Sat 29-Sep-12 18:06:16

I trawled for a pair of dance shoes for my daughter & finally found some in her sizs. The photo showed a large pair of shoes, but what arrived in the post is a teeny tiny pair.

I've contacted the seller who basically said too bad, she will refund cost but no postage. She seriously overcharged me, which I complained about too.

So do I open eBay dispute or PayPal ?

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 20:09:17

eBay, and in the dipsute tick the box marked other and write in refund - and hopefully you will then get full refund without the need for athe expense of a return

Willowisp Sun 30-Sep-12 10:27:28

Thanks - so I am entitled to my postage that I paid back ?

fergoose Sun 30-Sep-12 10:44:42

yes - but not the return costs if there are any, but a good seller will give you the return costs too if the item is not as described.

Willowisp Sun 30-Sep-12 18:28:45

She is refuting the postage costs that I've already paid, I just want my total amount back, return postage will be about 60p...

fergoose Sun 30-Sep-12 18:57:58

return postage will need to have a signature proving delivery, so recorded or courier - so will cost bit more than 60p

But if I were you I would get the case opened, return when eBay tell you to, and you will get a full refund.

Then you can leave appropriate feedback and stars too.

Willowisp Mon 01-Oct-12 00:05:00

Well we are back & forth with the dispute.

She is stating I made a mistake. What she's done is put a photo of a large pair of shoes on the listing, but sent me infant size. Misleading....grr !

fergoose Mon 01-Oct-12 11:25:46

well I wouldn't respond any more if I were you - just escalate when the option is there and let eBay sort it out.

Willowisp Tue 02-Oct-12 12:26:49

Thanks again for your help. Buyer refunded total payment yesterday & I returned item today.

Seller actually asked that I not send recorded post (hello ?). My answer was no & then I got the refund...bizarre really.

fergoose Tue 02-Oct-12 12:31:28

seller refund you the return postage costs too - and refunded you before you had returned the item?

Willowisp Tue 02-Oct-12 17:24:13

No, not return cost (about 60p !) I didn't send via tracking.

sarahtigh Wed 03-Oct-12 08:50:10

as a business seller if my mistake I will refund you return postage but only up to what it cost to get it to you so if it cost £2,20 to post out I will refund £2.20

if you decide to send signed for at extra 95p when i did not sent signed for you will have to pay that

I would not refund until I had item back

most clothes/shoe sellers with ebay business do not refund retrun costs to discourage ordering several in different sizes then returning all but 1 leaving seller out of pocket

Next directory etc do not pay postage both ways, you get free return label but they do not refund outward postage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now