Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can't leave feedback

(7 Posts)
RaisinHell Sat 29-Sep-12 10:29:08

I bought an item, it was a personalised pencil case for my son for the start of term. It didn't arrive within a few days and I contacted the seller to confirm it had been posted. She said yes but offered a refund anyway which I thought odd (a bit quick), I said I'd wait a little longer. After a couple of weeks I contacted her again and said it still hadn't arrived and so please could she refund me now. She agreed however she didn't do this and I had to keep asking her to which she finally did.
I wanted to leave a feedback comment on this about non-receipt(I actually don't think the item was ever made or sent) and slow to refund(even though quick to offer). Anyway, when I have gone to leave feedback it says I can't as 'the item number doesn't exist' or I have already left it (I haven't). Has she somehow removed the item so that I can't leave feedback??

SecretCermonials Sat 29-Sep-12 10:34:56

This happened to me on a fraudulent transaction, the seller somehow deleted the item i had to go through paypal to get money back, and still couldn't leave feedback for the frauding bastard even though ebay acknowledged the fraud!

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 10:44:38

the seller must have sent a cancellation request? If you ignored the request it would cancel automatically then you wouldn't be able to leave feedback.

RaisinHell Sat 29-Sep-12 10:53:33

Sorry!! I have worked it out. I have been selling items for my Dad under his user id recently. Ebay/Firefox seem to keep switching between my user id and Dad's, so even though I have logged on as me and had answered messages from my box, when I went to click on feedback it swapped to Dad's user. I am really going to have to watch this, don't want to end up selling my stuff on his or bidding as him.
In the end I could leave feedback but decided not to as I read the rest of the seller's feedback, it's a big power seller selling hundreds of items and the comments he leaves for people are downright rude - telling them to go to Specsavers, calling them fruitcake, peasant, delusional shock
He has enough negative feedback, after reading it I just decided not to get involved any further. It seems as if I was lucky to get a refund.

Thanks a lot.

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 12:46:27

if the seller is leaving negative comments for buyers they can be removed as it is against the rules. Don't be bullied is my advice.

RaisinHell Sat 29-Sep-12 18:15:11

Fergoose, thanks. I agree with you in principle, however my experience of ebay means that in practice I'm not sure. A couple of times I have used the ebay help online chat thing and they have been useful. Last year I had a buyer who claimed my item was not as described (it was), but fine I said send it back and I will refund you, she claimed she could not send it back as she could not get out to the PO as she was disabled, ok I said no problem, take your time, whenever you are next out or maybe a friend could post it. No, she was not able to return it. She wanted to keep it and have a full refund shock She got quite nasty but I remained calm. I trawled her feedback and found she had left a really OTT gushing comment for another seller with a similar item. I contacted him and found the same thing had happened to him but he had let her keep the item and refunded her. I told all this to ebay, nothing, she left me negative feedback and they wouldn't remove it. I did everything I should, offered full refund on return of item, what more could I have done? Sometimes it's hard not to be bullied on ebay.

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 20:04:20

Yes but that was a buyer - sellers can no longer leave neg feedback for buyers, it is not allowed. And if they leave a negative comment on a positive feedback eBay will remove it - and the seller will be reprimanded for breaking the rules. So go ahead and leave your feedback for your rubbish seller - and low stars too, as a buyer that is your right.

Your buyer didn't break any rules, it is their right to leave feedback which is their opinion of the transaction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now