Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should I post to a different address?

(3 Posts)
OhNoMyFoot Fri 28-Sep-12 05:49:52

Ok so buyer won my item and didn't pay, account auto open case and she eventually paid. I've had a message to say sorry for the delay her daughters been poorly and can I post to her new address.

I can't can I? The moment I do u cannot prove postage to her and wont have a leg to stand on if they say it didn't arrive. But how can I word it nicely so it doesn't sound like I'm saying no cause you might be planning on ripping me off?

I had one recently where the buyer refused the parcel/said they don't live here and eBay have them a full refund even with recorded delvery because I can't prove that's why they didn't get it.

SavoyCabbage Fri 28-Sep-12 05:52:15

No you can't really.

fergoose Fri 28-Sep-12 08:51:51

no you mustn't - send with signature to the address given by paypal. If you send to another address you lose all seller protection.

If they want to add the new address to paypal they can select that at checkout, so you would need to refund their payment and then they would need to pay again choosing the alternative address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now