Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Posting a pram and carrycot

(8 Posts)
2boysnamedR Tue 25-Sep-12 23:58:37

im selling my iCandy and it's carrycot. If I was to ship it, how do I go about it? I want collection only but someone always asks to ship it. it's heavy, massive, bulky and not something I want to lose in the post!

Thanks

Beanbagz Wed 26-Sep-12 11:23:42

Have you got the original boxes? If not then get some boxes that it will fit, some parcel tape and brown paper.

If it's easy enough you could box it loosely to make sure you know the weight/dimensions of the parcel so that you can get quotes for shipping.

I use Parcel 2 Go. You just put in the dimensions/weight and it give you a range of shipping options normally ranging from next day delivery to low cost 5-7 day delivery.

Just add a few £s to this price to quote to any bidders.

2boysnamedR Wed 26-Sep-12 11:25:23

Thank you. It's going to be fun weighing it and finding a box!

Beanbagz Wed 26-Sep-12 11:40:25

With really bulky things i use the bathroom scales. Sometimes i have to stand on them with and then with the itmes and work out the difference.

InkleWinkle Wed 26-Sep-12 11:48:40

If you've got a Wii / Wii fit you could use the balance board to weigh it.
Or tie some rope round it and borrow some luggage scales from some one.

2boysnamedR Wed 26-Sep-12 13:00:56

Thanks for the ideas

sarahtigh Thu 27-Sep-12 22:00:22

once over approx 6kg most couriers charge same upto 15-20kg the next limit is 32kg which is limit for 1 person to carry, heavier parcels need pallet fork lift or two persons

it would be cheaper to send 2 19kg parcels than 1 at 38kg

bathroom scales best may need someone to read scales when on it holding parcel

sarahtigh Thu 27-Sep-12 22:01:15

your local supermarket is bound to have large boxes they flatten immediately so just find someone and ask

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now