Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long do I wait for payment?

(6 Posts)
Four4me Tue 25-Sep-12 10:53:30

Morning, I am a fairly novice ebayer. Everything I have sold has been paid for relatively quickly- at the longest a couple of days. I sold an item last Wednesday for £40 plus a sensible p&p. But have not received payment, so obviously haven't posted yet. I have not had any messages from the buyer.

How long is normal to wait before I should start to worry that something is wrong. We are going away next week so I made sure all my auctions would be finished last week to give me and the buyers time for payment and postage.

If the payment doesn't come I know I still have my item, but in the mean time shall I just wait a bit longer and maybe message the buyer just before I go away??

Thanks in advance o'wise eBay mnetters!!!!

fergoose Tue 25-Sep-12 11:23:39

4 days - then open a non payer case then if they don't pay close 4 days later.

No point waiting any longer and no point messaging either, if they aren't going to pay a message won't make any difference

once the unpaid case is closed you can then relist or do a second chance offer. Plus the buyer gets a non payer strike, and too many of those they will lose their account

Four4me Tue 25-Sep-12 21:37:24

Thank you!! smile

homebythesea Tue 02-Oct-12 09:51:54

Just seen this - excuse me for butting in! I am in similar position now 6 days since auction ended have sent 2 messages to buyer but still no payment. How do I do the "unpaid case" thingie as above?

fergoose Tue 02-Oct-12 09:57:25

go to the resolution centre from the 'account' button in eBay or select the drop down menu next to the item in eBay and select resolve a problem.

homebythesea Tue 02-Oct-12 11:22:42

Thank you very much!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: