Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Would you contact this seller about postage?

(12 Posts)
DinosaursOnASpaceship Mon 24-Sep-12 16:16:58

I won a big bundle of newborn clothes on eBay for £1.04 and postage was £5. Arrived quickly and the clothes are lovely, all clean and ironed, they look like new.

But they arrived in 3 big seperate parcels and the postage on each was just over £5 so about £15 in postage. I paid £6.04 all together so the seller is down by about £9 and I feel very guilty.

Would you message and pay the extra postage or just feel lucky to get a bargain?

kekouan Mon 24-Sep-12 16:22:27

I'd offer to pay something towards it if you feel that the clothes are worth it. I'd also point her in the direction of one of the courier companies as they're so much cheaper for things like this. Work out what it would have cost her to send as one bundle and pay the difference maybe?

fergoose Mon 24-Sep-12 16:32:01

she could have probably sent the lot with Collect Plus for a fiver - is she a new seller?

millionlovesongslater Mon 24-Sep-12 16:36:56

Depends what mood I was in.

On one of my rare nice days, I'd e-mail and say I'll pay the additional £4 or £6 to bump it up to £10 or £12 for the lot so they don't lose out on postage too much.

On one of my usual days, I'd think bollocks to them; they should have priced up the postage before the put the stuff up on Ebay and I'd be chuffed with the bargain.

How are you feeling today...

Tryharder Tue 25-Sep-12 10:01:32

It would be very generous of you to do that and good karma! The seller is an idiot though for paying Royal Mail prices.

lljkk Tue 25-Sep-12 10:05:47

OP is saying that she can see each parcel cost £5.30 in postage (RM labels).
Heck yeah I'd offer something towards the postage. And recommend CollectPlus to her in future, although they don't always work out cheaper, especially if no drop off point near seller's home.

DinosaursOnASpaceship Tue 25-Sep-12 10:34:26

I have paid the extra postage. I felt awful for her, I've been sorting things out at home to sell on eBay to make money for Christmas and I would imagine she was doing similar and I would be gutted to sell such gorgeous clothes for a tiny amount never mind losing out on postage too. She has been on eBay since 2011 but is probably sleep deprived from a tiny baby. I know the feeling!

Thanks all smile

foofooyeah Tue 25-Sep-12 12:48:14

Thats a lovely gesture Dinosaur. Its easy to make mistakes on postage

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 25-Sep-12 12:53:25

What an utterly lovely person you are, Dinosaurs.

<<amends spreadsheet>>

wink

DinosaursOnASpaceship Tue 25-Sep-12 16:48:00

beyond pleased I made THE spreadsheet

whatinthewhatnow Tue 25-Sep-12 16:55:00

how lovely of you dinosaurs!

GobblersKnob Tue 25-Sep-12 20:03:03

What a nice thing to do. I probably would too because I know it would make the sellers day. I am a soft touch though I sometimes refund buyers a bit of money when I think they have over bid blushgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now