Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Argos now takes Paypal

(12 Posts)
HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sun 23-Sep-12 09:58:27

Not really an ebay thread but i sell lots of stuff to pay for Christmas.

Mostly buy stuff with paypal from Boots, ToysRus or The Entertainer. I have just noticed that argos take paypal - not sure if it's a new thing but thought it was worth a mention.

LineRunner Sun 23-Sep-12 13:21:05

Thank you. I'm 'doing ebay' to pay for Christmas, so that's useful to know, as I want to get my DD's main present from there. smile

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 24-Sep-12 12:46:52

I always 'do ebay for christmas' nearly finished all my shopping and paid the credit card off!!

joymaker Mon 24-Sep-12 16:20:39

Line and Hokey can I ask do you find selling on ebay hassel free? Have you had any/many disputes from buyers?

Want to start selling in the new year for similar reasons, but after reading some posts on the MNet ebay board just now am starting to get a bit more cautious...

BoysWillGrow Mon 24-Sep-12 16:23:49

I did buy something from Argos using PayPal about 6months ago they also have an outlet shop on eBay now don't they.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 24-Sep-12 16:33:50

Joy i have had an ebay account for over 10 years and have sold stuff for about the last 9.

I have had, maybe 4 items that didn't turn up in all that time and have never had a dispute over anything i have sold.

I may have been very lucky but i find if you're honest about that condition of what your selling there is never really a problem, photos, photos and more photos that's what work for me, then people can see what they're getting leaving no room for dispute!

LineRunner Mon 24-Sep-12 20:22:46

Joy I read (but don't post on) the Community Boards on ebay (Buyer Central and Seller Central are really helpful). And fergoose on these threads is brilliant.

I have had problem buyers, yes, but just have a sanguine policy of refunding them rather than getting into a stressful spat. Refund and block. And for non-paying buyers, report and block. My settings don't allow bids from outside the UK - I just can't be arsed. And I live by a seven day a week post office!

I think it helps that I'm not just doing ebay for the money. I find it therapeutic (I'm a terrible hoarder) to be getting things out of the house, yet also putting a bit of money away.

LineRunner Mon 24-Sep-12 20:23:43

And what Hokey says - be really honest about defects, marks, fading etc on clothes.

joymaker Tue 25-Sep-12 20:04:19

Line and Hokey thanks for your informative replies smile I'll give it a go.

And yes agree, fergoose is brilliant!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Thu 27-Sep-12 19:45:12

Woolworths have also started taking paypal too.

LineRunner Thu 27-Sep-12 20:02:07

Aren't they extinct?

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Thu 27-Sep-12 22:28:54

They still exsist online not as much fun when you can't steal the pick & mix

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now