Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item not received, seller not responded

(8 Posts)
CagneyNLacey Fri 21-Sep-12 10:25:05

Hi, I won a pair of kids shoes on 12/09 and still not received them. I mailed seller 2 days ago and they haven't responded. Should i claim a refund via papal or ebay? Also, should I leave feedback before or after I apply for refund? Or am i jumping the gun?? <worries about everything>

EdMcDunnough Fri 21-Sep-12 10:26:44

Don't leave feedback yet.

Put in a claim through paypal (not ebay, that's different and much more complicated)

Leave feedback calmly after it's all resolved - often a paypal claim will get your seller moving.

EdMcDunnough Fri 21-Sep-12 10:28:38

sorry what I mean is, when you open a dispute, you get the choice to do it through ebay or paypal. Ebay are generally hard to deal with as they're based in the Filipines and you can never get through to anyone. Their claims process is weird too and they make a LOT of mistakes and tell people conflicting things.

Paypal are based in Dublin or Northern England and you can often hold a reasonable convo with them if you need to ring up. Their claims process is much better.

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 21-Sep-12 10:29:34

How long has it been since the auction ended?

I would raise a claim via ebay for item not received and take it from there. You should get a full refund.

lljkk Fri 21-Sep-12 10:30:36

Check what estimated arrival time was, how long does Ebay reckon item might take to arrive? I don't state better than 3 working days dispatch time after payment received because I don't want to have to go to PO every day. Then 2nd class or Parcels can take up to 5 business days to arrive.

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 21-Sep-12 10:34:40

Ah, should read the OP properly confused

It's only been just over a week. I'd leave it a few more days before doing anything.

sarahtigh Fri 21-Sep-12 22:55:14

if you look at purchase history it will give estimated delivery time based on sellers dispatch time and time for postal service so if thier dispatch time is 3 days then add 5 days for second class ( working days not calendar days) so assuming when you won on 12th you paid on 12th ( ie wednesday evening) 3 days dispatch is monday 5 days to deliver is next monday ie 24th

you can not actualyl open not received case until day after estimated delivery date so if dates are 22nd-24th the earliest you could open would be 25th

ps post not considered lost until 15 working days ( 3 weeks)

CagneyNLacey Thu 04-Oct-12 13:29:57

Oh I hate people who post, get advice and don't come back, sorry!

Received the shoes last week. Thanks for replies, think i was jumping the gun and getting all weird about not receiving it due to some of the stories I've read on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now