Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

help novice! -I need to complain about an item I have just received - what should I expect

(5 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 26-Oct-11 11:48:58

I need a dress for a 'ball' and found a nice (I thought) silk Monsoon dress on ebay - bid and won etc.

Anyway it has arrived and though the dress was listed as unworn and no imperfections were noted or photographed. There are stains across the bodice and pulls on the side and the catch at the top of the dress zip is broken. I am gutted as otherwise it is a lovely dress and it fits me.

So do I just ask for a refund and return the dress or do I keep the dress and ask for a refund or is it a negotiation. [scared] I don't do complaining very well.

fergoose Wed 26-Oct-11 12:11:24

you email the seller, tell them about the faults and ask for their address to return for a full refund of what you initially paid. Also ask them to cover the return postage costs as the item is clearly not as described.

If this doesn't work, open dispute with eBay. Either way you will have to return recorded signed for so you can prove the seller has received it.

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 26-Oct-11 12:25:38

Thanks Fergoose - having taken a breath and considered I have emailed the seller and done as you suggested - as the dress was listed as new/ unworn / undamaged - they really don't have a leg to stand on - I should expect a full refund - they have good feedback so I imagine they want to keep it that way.

Such a shame I thought I had the dress sorted - back to buying board sad

fergoose Wed 26-Oct-11 12:34:17

I find it hard to believe they didn't notice the faults - I hope you get a good response from them.

Maybe they were selling for someone else and didn't check it properly first.

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 26-Oct-11 12:41:08

I agree - you would have to blind not to see the water mark/ grease stain on the bodice and the missing half of the catch at the top of the dress.

But I have made my email as gracious as posible in order to get a quick painless resolution (crosses fingers)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now