Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer problem, what now?

(5 Posts)
Bucharest Wed 26-Oct-11 11:21:32

Someone bid on an item, then emailed me to say they didn't have a paypal account. (I specify "only paypal" on all my listings, but push to shove accept cheques and cash) I replied, and explained he could either send me cash or a cheque and he went on to win the item.

I sent payment details- nothing- I waited 10 days then emailed and asked nicely how he intended to pay, had he sent me a cheque etc. Nothing. Waited another 3 days and opened an unpaid item case. He has just emailed to say there must be a mistake, he never bid on the item and I'm to cancel it.

Obviously this is bollocks, and while I don't mind closing the case etc and will relist item, it rankles that he's denying he ever bid, when cleary he's just changed his mind. How do I pass this onto ebay? He should get an unpaid item strike no? If I just cancel the auction then he won't. <wants revenge for wasting time>

Definitely don't cancel the auction, just wait until you can close the case and he'll get the strike and you'll still get your fees back and then you can relist it.

Oh and just ignore any messages from the buyer, just let your unpaid case play out.

Bucharest Wed 26-Oct-11 11:39:37

OK, thanks!

fergoose Wed 26-Oct-11 12:14:52

I love the buyers who pretend they didn't bid, or their cat, child or budgie actually bid by mistake smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now