Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What should I say?

(7 Posts)

Been (nicely) chasing a buyer for payment for a week and a half.

Got a message this morning to say sorry she hadn't paid but her other half has been killed. Followed by a polite message about paying. Then she paid.

Feel compelled to write back, what on earth do I say? Everything I come up with just sounds really glib. I want to just send the the stuff for free. Feel terrible.

savoycabbage Tue 25-Oct-11 07:35:02

Bloody hell! I don't know what to say either. Which is no help at all. Do send the stuff for free if you feel you want to and you can afford to. Sometimes things happen which makes everything zoom into perspective.

Thanks savoycabbage, still don't know what to write or whether to refund her or what to do basically, have never had anything like this happen before.

fergoose Tue 25-Oct-11 11:03:37

I would just reply saying how sorry you are and send out the item

Whether you refund or not is up to you - I guess it depends how much it is! I am sure they are not expecting free items, but it is a nice thought on your part to refund them.

Don't feel bad - isn't your fault is it and you weren't to know this is why their payment was so slow.

shuckleberryfinn Tue 25-Oct-11 11:03:56

"I'm sorry for your loss. Please accept this refund, goods were posted today" Simple is all you can do really. Either that or just proceed as if they were any other customer.

Lancelottie Tue 25-Oct-11 11:11:23

Yes, send free if you can afford. Little acts of kindness mean a lot.

JeanBodel Tue 25-Oct-11 11:14:31

Don't feel pressurised into refunding if you can't afford it, though. If my DH died, dreadful thought, I'd actually not be at all poor due to the massive amounts of life assurance we have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now