Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

AIBU to not want to post a bloody cocoon!

(5 Posts)
TheGhostOfMrsWembley Mon 24-Oct-11 20:27:06

I'm selling a P&T's cocoon for £10 and I ticked Buyer to Collect. I did add in the description 'or contact for alternative', meaning if buyer couldn't get to me I'd meet them somewhere for the price of the petrol. Now my buyer has contacted me after the sale to say can I post it!!

I don't have the box and I have nothing to put it in. She's said 'you can just put it in a plastic bag', 'it's light, small and unbreakable'. It may be light but it's not that small (not a bloody DVD to stick in a jiffy bag!) and it can easily get torn if badly handled. It will be a pita to find packaging and a pita to get it to the PO. If she's paid more than ten pounds maybe I would have gone out of my way but really, should I feel guilty for saying no? I'm refunding and have made a point of saying I won't deduct fees but I'm worried about negative feedback and her saying I'm being awkward.

Why didn't she contact me during the auction? I thought that was the done thing? Or has eBay changed since I last used it!

<grump>

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Mon 24-Oct-11 20:29:22

I'd charge her postage and just chuck it in a bin bag. I doubt it'd get damaged tbh.

fergoose Mon 24-Oct-11 20:36:00

your auction - your rules. If you wrote collect only then that is it - the buyer should have emailed before bidding.

Refund then mutually cancel to get your fees back.

planetpotty Mon 24-Oct-11 20:37:17

Same here i would have stuck it in a black bag taped on her address and posted my bumbo came recently was fine and pretty normal for e bay. Hey ho loads of cacoons on e bay sure she will just click for another smile

TheGhostOfMrsWembley Mon 24-Oct-11 20:52:23

Problem is I don't trust bin bags not to tear. I wouldn't send anything through the post not well packaged.

A few months ago I sold some pottery and made sure it was well packed, lots of padding inside and lots of tape on a strong box. Got a message a few days later saying one of the items was damaged and the wording implied I had not taken much care and/or damaged it myself! They asked for a refund and again the implication was pay or get negative feedback. So I replied that of course I would refund them the money and the p&p for returning the items. Never heard from them again.hmm

Yes, this has made me cynical but really, all I want is shot of the thing! We're trying to declutter and I thought eBay might be the way to go. I don't use my account much and this is reminding me why.sad Think I'll go to TradeIt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now