Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have some sought-after concert tickets...

(42 Posts)
KellyKettle Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:20

Can I sell them on EBay?

How do people know I'm genuine? How do I know they're genuine?

Gig is next year. I only got them by mistake. DH spent all morning online trying to get 4 tickets for him and his mates. He got to the payment authorisation page and then accidentally closed the window whilst flicking to Facebook to brag

He ended up buying some on the telephone but this afternoon I have been emailed to say I have 4 tickets. DHs friend has taken one but I don't want the others - they're on my bloody credit card and I only agreed he could use it if his friends transferred the money to me today.

So, any advice?

AgentProvocateur Fri 21-Oct-11 21:11:27

Is it Stone Roses? If they're Glasgow, I'll buy two from you.

KellyKettle Fri 21-Oct-11 21:14:54

Stone Rose - Heaton Park Manchester. DH is just putting them on eBay... It's really stressing me out!

befuzzled Fri 21-Oct-11 22:27:11

wow dunno how you tell which ones are genuine did you see the ones that went for 4 million a little while ago, people trying to sabotage the touts. I've got 2 but think I will just go!

trixymalixy Fri 21-Oct-11 22:30:36

Put them on for face value on eBay, then people will know you are genuine.

MJlovesscareypants Fri 21-Oct-11 22:31:50

Message withdrawn

MJlovesscareypants Fri 21-Oct-11 22:32:44

Message withdrawn

fergoose Fri 21-Oct-11 22:59:58

list them as a buy it now with immediate payment?

you could always add best offer too

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Fri 21-Oct-11 23:02:50

You can sometimes sell them back where you bought them. But we sold some by auction on eBay at a loss.

justabigdisco Fri 21-Oct-11 23:17:10

Which night is it for? I'm sure I could find a good home for them...

KellyKettle Sat 22-Oct-11 13:17:40

It's for the Sunday. DH has listed all 4 of them on EBay because his friend hadnt confirmed he wanted one and I don't want to be stuck with tickets.

DH thinks its brilliant, I am finding it very stressful. I don't want to sell them for a loss.

A million pounds would be nice...grin

Bohica Sat 22-Oct-11 13:20:55

Did you list them as buy it now and added your Ebay fees to the price?

Will you post them, I'd worry that they get lost and then you'll loose your tickets and money from Ebay.

mumatron Sat 22-Oct-11 13:23:09

i had take that ones last year. I sold them on dp's ebay for face value (forgot bloody fees angry as i dont ebay much)

the buyer was a bit wary but all i could do was sent her a copy of my recepit for them and keep in touch with her. I also gave her my log in details for ticketmaster so she could keep a check on things herself.

FatimaLovesBread Sat 22-Oct-11 13:23:26

I doubt they'd sell for a loss.

I'd have them but you've already put on ebay

Tequilamockinbat Sat 22-Oct-11 13:27:51

We had the same problem, DH and I were both frantically trying yesterday morning and then ended up with 4 each!

We did think about ebaying them but I'm too scared incase the tickets don't turn up on time to be posted or the gig ends up being cancelled (after I've spent the money!). Also, some gigs apparently ask you to produce the credit card they were bought on, at the 'door'?

So anyway, we found homes for them with 2 of DH's workmates and their partners.

Ebaying tickets is risky IMHO

KellyKettle Sat 22-Oct-11 13:34:04

We just put them on auction at face value plus fees. I don't care if they only get 1 bid at that price.

I'll post them recorded 1st class or perhaps courier?

I suggested we add "collect from buyer" but DH wasn't happy with that.

I don't think I'd buy tickets on eBay - so much trust needed isn't there?

I dunno about trying to sell them now, I presume you won't get the actual tickets for ages?

By the time the tickets come out, it will be far to late for anyone to open a dispute if you don't send the tickets. It is a really common scam.

I bet loads that are listed on there arn't real.

Why not sell them when the actual tickets come through, or offer them to someone on this thread?

Tequilamockinbat Sat 22-Oct-11 14:41:18

Agree with WTWTW, you don't have the tickets yet to post anyway. My confirmation states that tickets will be sent out before the gig and to contact them if I haven't received them 48 hours before.

If they do come 48 hours before, it's a big IF they will get to the buyer on time!

BertieBotts Sat 22-Oct-11 14:45:02

I've bought tickets on ebay.

I'd probably withdraw the listing and either hold onto them until it's much closer to the gig - then sell - or do it informally, either through friends/family/colleagues etc or to someone on this thread.

Bohica Sat 22-Oct-11 14:47:05

It all sound to risky, do you have a local paper you can put them in? Someone on this thread has offered to buy them, you can end the listing as long as no-one has placed a bid.

RedBlanket Sat 22-Oct-11 14:54:02

I thought there was a rule against selling tickets when you dont actually have them? I could easily be wrong though.

fergoose Sat 22-Oct-11 14:59:22

i think you are right RedBlanket - you can only sell what is in your possession.

Aren't the tickets non-transferable anyway?

justlots Sat 22-Oct-11 15:00:46

I'll buy them! Tried all morning to get some and gutted I didn't succeed. Pretty please smile

justlots Sat 22-Oct-11 15:02:54

I'll pick them up too - when they arrive!!

KellyKettle Sat 22-Oct-11 15:29:24

You're right, we've stopped the auction on eBay and my friend has offered £400 for all 4.

DH has said his cousin wants them and has said she'll pay the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now