Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Quick question re eBay selling

(5 Posts)
SleepyFergus Thu 20-Oct-11 21:21:15

I've got an item for sale on eBay. 4 watchers and no bids so far. Due to finish on Sunday. Someone has emailed me to ask if I will do a 'buy it now' for her rather than her bidding. Can I do this?

roguepixie Thu 20-Oct-11 21:24:12

Yes, you can revise your listing. As I understand it you cannot revise your listing if it within a certain time of ending or if you have a bid on it. If it does not have any bids on it just revise it to show a buy it now - you do know there are additional charges for buy it now don't you?

SleepyFergus Thu 20-Oct-11 21:36:26

Cheers, thanks for that.

Yes, if there are no bids and it's not within 12 hours of ending you can add a BIN price for a fee (fee is dependant upon the BIN price) but please don't get yourself a fee (voice of experience) without a strong offer to buy - make sure you know what they are prepared to pay for it and what you actually want for it as a minimum, and remember if you add a BIN then anyone can see it and win it before that enquiring bidder does!

sarahtigh Fri 21-Oct-11 17:58:10

a BIN must be at least 40% more than start price of auction
agree to a price ask for a bit more than you want, I do not think 4 watchers is any guarantee of a sale if you had 15 I would say let auction run but if not she can still pay your paypal and you and she get what you want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now