Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Nasty email from seller I left negative feedback for...

(8 Posts)
mummmypirate Wed 19-Oct-11 17:51:49

... I never received the item she sent, gave her loads of opportunities to put things right but she always said because I hadn't requested Recorded Delivery non-delivery was my responsibility. She had no proof of postage so couldn't even claim against Royal Mail. Raised a case with Ebay who, of course, decided in my favour and processed the refund. I felt justified in leaving her negative feedback because although I got my money back, it was only because of Ebay's intervention. Now she's slandering me saying I was deliberately looking to give negative feedback and claiming she did make me an offer despite no record of this in my messages or the case details - so unpleasant! Never given -ve feedback before - based on this experience won't be wanting to in the future either!

Seabright Wed 19-Oct-11 20:37:33

I'd block her as a buyer on your account (so she can't buy something from you and try to leave negative feedback in retaliation) and leave it at that.

Don't worry about leaving negative feedback, you have probably stopped her doing this to someone else, so consider yourself to have done a stranger a favour

fergoose Wed 19-Oct-11 20:47:53

wow what a horrid seller

I agree just put her on blocked bidder list and ignore

and well done for leaving neg, that is what it is for as a warning to other buyers, so don't be put off leaving it again if necessary.

mummmypirate Wed 19-Oct-11 23:26:31

Thanks for your advice. I've blocked her as suggested.

FrankNCock Wed 19-Oct-11 23:33:04

She's in the wrong there I think, she should always get proof of posting. It doesn't cost anything extra, and she could have claimed against Royal Mail for the lost item. I sell on ebay a bit and had something go missing, didn't take too long to do a claim and get the money back. Buyer was very understanding and we each left each other positive feedback.

She shouldn't have gotten nasty with you, you're hardly likely to change your impression of her with that!

mummmypirate Thu 20-Oct-11 22:02:22

Well, whadya know - the item turned-up in the post this morning! I've returned the refund to the seller, but my negative feedback stands, I wish she'd handled the whole thing better

dizzyday07 Thu 20-Oct-11 22:10:51

I'd have been tempted to keep the item and not repay her! blush

HauntyMython Thu 20-Oct-11 22:14:06

How horrible. Funny the item turned up at last - how long ago did you buy it? D'you think she might have not sent it in the beginning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now