Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay/Paypal

(8 Posts)
LottieJenkins Wed 19-Oct-11 08:02:57

I am worried about paying for an item on Ebay advice please!!
This was the first message i got:-
hi cannot take payment due to link problem try to pay via paypal site using ************** if no luck will try to resolve by end tomorrow really sorry feel free to cancel if wish.
I replied that i wanted to buy it as it is for my ds.
Second message was this:-
hi if you pay via paypal site not ebay site using****************its working that way as just received couple of payments
Does this sound dodgy or ok?
His feedback is good.

fergoose Wed 19-Oct-11 09:29:45

no you must only pay to the email address linked with the auction - if you pay to another email address which isn't linked you won't have buyer protection.

so yes - potentially very dodgy.

LottieJenkins Wed 19-Oct-11 09:39:58

I think i will tell him im not interested! It does sound dodgy. Should i report him??

fergoose Wed 19-Oct-11 09:51:09

yes you could - if you go to live help they will advise

LottieJenkins Wed 19-Oct-11 15:00:19

I asked him what was i supposed to do, he wanted me to log into Paypal not via Ebay and put an email address and the amount in and send it that way.
I replied that i thought i would leave it and if he relisted it and i could pay through ebay then i would rebid!

Sossiges Wed 19-Oct-11 15:03:33

You did the right thing to refuse, I've been caught that way once before - never again.

LottieJenkins Wed 19-Oct-11 15:32:32

Sossiges Thanks.......im glad i made the right decision!!

dizzyday07 Wed 19-Oct-11 16:01:12

I think that one of the options when paying for something just via Paypal is to say if it for an Ebay item as they ask you for the ID. Well I know that that used to be the case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now