Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

feedback advice needed please

(7 Posts)
holidaysoon Sun 16-Oct-11 12:34:23

have bought something on another site that has been listed as size 1 year but in the actual listing it says available in sizes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (they are selling stuff with the labels cut, all their listings are like this which is not unusual.

I e-mailed them to say I'd like it in size 3 and received a reply saying it is only available in size 1 which is what you bid on.

Just curious as to what you'd do?
I have bought something else from them which is available in the right size and would kind of like to buy that so don't really want to pull out (can mutually withdraw and it would cost them nothing ie fees would be refunded)

I don't know what to do
I'd like to protect my good feedback and read the tone of their reply as slightly cranky (but of course that could be anything and could not even have been cracky, it's just if it was me I would have offered to withdraw in my reply IYSWIM)
Shall I just pay for it? and if I do so what shoudl I do about feedback? they really should have changed their listing but surely if I go ahead I'm kidn of accepting what they say.

What they wish me to pay for is really completely useless to me being 2 sizes too small but it was only a couple of pounds

please give me some tips i want to be fair but do feel a bit mislead
thanks

GreenandBlacksAddict Sun 16-Oct-11 12:42:44

Contact ebay , they should not send you a different size to what you have ordered. Sellers cannot leave buyers any feedback other than positive. If you cannot contact ebay then cancel the order (how to do this is in the help section). No doubt someone else sells the same item on ebay or amazon.

fergoose Sun 16-Oct-11 12:43:18

i wouldn't pay for it, their auction is wrong and misleading surely. Why can't you leave them a neg feedback. Can't you report their listing as it is wrong.

holidaysoon Sun 16-Oct-11 13:02:36

oh how strange i just replied to this and it's not showing up
it was along the lines of thanks and fergoose I might do that I just had the reply today and am working out what to do

trouble is I should have said it's collection so if i cancel the small one I still have to go and collect the other item and I don't like confrontation!!
I don't really feel i have reason to cancel both

and if I go and willingly collect it I'm just wondering what to leave as feedback

I'm just going to have to man up aren't I?

And if the auction hasn't ended and they have listed incorrectly as it would appear then you can retract your bid see here

Or why not tell them you'd like to cancel the transaction if the auction has ended because you bought on the basis that the sizes in their listing were correct and available?

fergoose Sun 16-Oct-11 14:08:13

this wasn't on eBay then?

I wouldn't buy anything from them at all and take my money elsewhere to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now