Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do I sell Take Along as a job lot or seperately??

(5 Posts)
MadameCastafiore Sat 15-Oct-11 20:52:12

DS wants to sell all of his take along thomas trains and the carry cases and the yard thing with the turntablethingy.

He has loads and am not sure whether better to sell as a job lot or individually??

Half of me thinks can;t be arsed to take photos of each oine individually but DH reckons as we are giving the money to DS to spend in musical equipment we should go the extra mile to get as much as we can.

Will be me taking the photos though and listing the bloody things!

tutu100 Sat 15-Oct-11 21:14:52

I would sell the sets individually, but I wouldn't sell individual trains. I would either include them with the carry cases or sell a job lots of trains.

rosiedom Sun 16-Oct-11 12:37:37

As somone who trawls ebay endlessly for specific thomas trains - usually rare/unusual or discontinued ones that my son has asked for i would recommend listing any unusual engines you have individually as i have seen the special/ discontinued ones go for alot of money - one train rare train i was watching recently went for £28!! So it might be worth your while to sort out any special engines your son has - good luck!

tutu100 Sun 16-Oct-11 17:00:17

Good point. I only meant selling the trains together if you have the bog standard ones e.g. Thomas, Percy, James etc.

If you have the Sodor Engine Works I would happily buy it off you smile.

If you are paid up with your subscription you could advertise them on the for sale boards on here. I'm not sure how much interest you'd get, but you would save on ebay fees.

MadameCastafiore Mon 17-Oct-11 13:06:49

There is a sodor engine works on ebay but it is not mine I am afraid or you could have it.

We have:
Alfie
Molly & tender
Toby
Harvey
Max
Gordon & Tender
Thomas & Clarabell
Thomas & Annabell
Hose Car
Spot Light Car
Lady
Iron Bert
Iron Arry
Arthur
Emily & Tender
James & Tender
Henry & Tender
Douglas & Tender
Monty
Thomas & Tender
Henry
Diesel
Terence
Bertie

2 carry cases and a Tidmouth Shed playset.

Have ended up sticking it all on as a job lot as couldn;t work out whihc engines were good - think most of them are bog standard ones but they are all almost perfect as DS more interested in the buying than the actual playing with (what were we thnking!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now