Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

A week after collecting and it's not working!

(10 Posts)
GreatBallsOfFluff Sat 15-Oct-11 17:14:38

I bought something from ebay, and collected it last Sunday. Now a part of it is not working, though was working when I first got it home. I'm not sure what to do now.

This part that is not working apparently is quite a common problem with what I bought. I think I'm going to have to just suck it up aren't I, particularly if it was working when I bought it.
sad

fergoose Sat 15-Oct-11 17:57:05

depends what you bought and what has broken - and cost to repair maybe?

I think it would at least be worth a message to the seller at least

ragged Sat 15-Oct-11 18:04:50

What is it?

GreatBallsOfFluff Sat 15-Oct-11 18:23:06

The Rock Band for the Wii. The bass pedal has stopped working and googling shows that it is far from uncommon.

I went onto the maker's website, and seems that they're only replacing things within the 60 day warranty

lljkk Sat 15-Oct-11 18:30:06

A keen seller might offer you a small rebate as compensation, anything to keep good feedback, really.

GreatBallsOfFluff Sat 15-Oct-11 18:35:35

Thanks, though I think he is more of a casual seller as only had 300 feedback (all good though) but hadn't thought of asking for some back.

fergoose Sat 15-Oct-11 19:08:05

Did you pay cash or paypal?

GreatBallsOfFluff Sat 15-Oct-11 19:19:21

Cash

VivaLeBeaver Sat 15-Oct-11 19:21:32

I think thats the risk that you take if you buy something secondhand. That as its had more wear and tear it may stop working. Crap when it happens though.

GreatBallsOfFluff Sat 15-Oct-11 19:26:27

That's what I was thinking Viva. May try and see how much I can get for it all trading it in at game or some such place as all boxed etc and they never test it there and then. Likely to have lost a few £s though. Oh well as you say that's the risk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now