Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Quick advice for a novice seller please

(9 Posts)
runningmonkey Fri 14-Oct-11 12:25:21

I've just listed my double buggy for sale. I've put a buy it now price on and for collection only. I had a message late last night to offer me £30 below my BIN price if it can be picked up by a courier.

I'm not sure how to respond to the buyer - have they done something dodgy? To be honest think I'll probably get a good price for it if I let the auction run (i have 4 watchers and live somewhere where there a lot of families and childminders so suspect it will go) but then the price offered is quite a good one so I could accept it.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks!

fergoose Fri 14-Oct-11 12:47:00

no don't do it

if the buyer sends their own courier you will have no tracking info - the buyer can then pretend not to receive and claim all their money back

You will still need to pack it and wait for their courier to arrive too

only courier it if you pack, wrap and book yourself - then you have tracking info in case of a claim

also for collection only items only accept cash, not paypal, for same reasons of buyer being able to claim not received.

runningmonkey Fri 14-Oct-11 12:55:08

Thank you. Hadn't considered cash as I bought a different buggy previously paid PayPal and collected it! Will amend listing now.

fergoose Fri 14-Oct-11 13:00:51

Yep, change it to cash on collection only.

If you had been unscrupulous you could have filed not received with paypal and got your money back (not that you would of course!) smile

runningmonkey Fri 14-Oct-11 13:22:52

Im obviously too trusting I would never have thought of that!

It won't let me remove the PayPal payment option though

fergoose Fri 14-Oct-11 15:59:18

no you won't be able to remove it - but you can add 'cash on collection only' to the auction.

runningmonkey Fri 14-Oct-11 18:34:50

Done! Thanks for your help

8 watchers so far smile

sarahtigh Sat 15-Oct-11 15:26:38

tell the man if he wins and he gives you name of courier you will book it at a time convienent to you for pick up a pushchair just needs 2 big cardboard boxes 1 for each end and a fair amount of oparcel tape add on an extra£1.50 for packing you should be anoe to find a courier to do that for about £10-15

sarahtigh Sat 15-Oct-11 15:27:08

sorry to many typos!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now