Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Have I missed something here....

(7 Posts)
ReastieHorrorShow Thu 13-Oct-11 18:27:03

I'm selling a few bits on ebay, they still have a couple of days left. One of my items had a startinf price of 99p. I just checked and it now says the item has 2 bids but the price is still at 99p - how can 2 people bid on it but it remains at the same price it started <scratches head> . It's not important or anything but is making me look like this confused

fergoose Thu 13-Oct-11 18:33:20

Same bidder has put in 2 bids so if someone else bids before the end of the auction they may still win it if they have bid high enough.

The amount will only go up if there is another bidder to up it basically.

I guess their first bid was 99p, so they have upped it in the hope that if another bidder comes along they won't be outbid.

Carrotsandcelery Thu 13-Oct-11 18:33:32

I have had the same Reastie and I was confused. I decided they must have both bid 99p. I don't know if that is the answer though.

Carrotsandcelery Thu 13-Oct-11 18:34:18

Aha! fergoose always has the answer grin

fergoose Thu 13-Oct-11 18:38:00

Aww thanks, but I only know some stuff, not all of it blush

Carrotsandcelery Thu 13-Oct-11 18:52:54

Well it is a lot more than I know so I still take my witches hat off to you wink

ReastieHorrorShow Thu 13-Oct-11 19:00:30

thank you both fer ebay genius <takes hat off> carrot that's what I thought initially then it didn't make sense as I only have one item to sell - 2 people can't win it!

<completely changes subject> cripes just saw kirsty allsop on the one show - she's looking fab envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now