Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can you change the countries you will sell to while a listing is active?

(6 Posts)
suiledonn1 Wed 12-Oct-11 11:17:53

I've seen two items I am interested in on the .co.uk site - I am in Ireland. The sellers have agreed to post to Ireland but the items won't accept my bid. Seller has tried to sort it but still not accepting my bids.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks

dizzyday07 Wed 12-Oct-11 13:54:25

Are there bids already on the item?

I ask as someone from Croatia asked me to allow her to bid, but as there was already a bidder I couldn't seem to be able to do it.

PollyMorfic Wed 12-Oct-11 16:48:49

Possibly not, but you can make a specific bidder exemption for a particular ebay member if they seem reliable. Here's how you do it:

1. Go to My eBay.
2. Click the "Account" tab on top of the page.
3. Click "Site Preferences" located on the left navigation bar.
4. Click "Show" for "buyer requirements".
5. Click "Edit".
6. Click "buyer requirements exemption list".
7. Click "Add a buyer to my Buyer Requirement Exemption List ".
8. Enter the member's User ID.
9. Click "Submit".

It's a bit fiddly, but not difficult.

smile

suiledonn1 Wed 12-Oct-11 17:54:24

Thanks Polly. Unfortunately one of the items ended before I could get it sorted.

The seller has relisted the other item but it still won't let me bid. I'll send these instructions to her and see if it works.

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Wed 12-Oct-11 21:36:54

You can also add a custom postage location and specify which country and Ireland can be specified on its own, so it doesn't open it up for everyone else.

Or the seller can just add your ebay id to her accepted bidders list' which is what I do for one-off buyers and is simpler than changing your generic seller settings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now