Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have 2 cases open with Paypal (not ebay) - will I get my postage back for the first??

(7 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Wed 12-Oct-11 09:07:37

Case 1 - Seller said in ebay listing returns accepted, I returned as they weren't as described (dirty,filthy, unusable). I of course returned Recorded Delivery and retain the tracking info. It was signed for at her address. Seller now claiming to ebay (not responded to Paypal yet) that she didn't get them. When I opened the case I had to specify a full refund but it wouldn't let me specify more than that and I had to return them at a cost of £3.38 - how do I get that back??

Case 2- Paypal now deciding. Again seller said they'd accept returns in the listing - necklace wasn't as described, modern rather than antique. I haven't returned it yet(it cost over a 100 pounds). It's been 2 weeks and paypal haven't decided - surely it's open and shut case as they said they'd accept returns and then refused??

LaurieFairyCake Wed 12-Oct-11 09:08:19

I can't open a case with ebay (only paypal) as the form isn't working - no idea why?

fergoose Wed 12-Oct-11 09:13:27

no Paypal will only award you your original payment - for the postage costs the seller will have to send you that separately

You can't have 2 cases for the same item with both eBay and Paypal.

Why don't you message or call Paypal about the necklace case?

LaurieFairyCake Wed 12-Oct-11 09:16:33

In the case notes it says paypal will decide by 28th October. This will be 8 weeks after I received the item.

Thanks for that, didn't know you couldn't open a case with eBay at the same time.

fergoose Wed 12-Oct-11 09:19:44

You have escalated the cases with Paypal then?

I would phone them if I were you about the necklace one - seems they are taking too long.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 12-Oct-11 09:36:22

Yes, I escalated when necklace seller refused to respond to an email about returning it and when dirty seller said she hadn't received the recorded and tracked delivery item.

How will paypal get money out of them if they find in my favour?

fergoose Wed 12-Oct-11 09:38:43

They will have frozen the money already - once the decision is made the money is either given to you or returned to the seller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now