Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is this a bit cheeky?

(3 Posts)
pickledparsnip Tue 11-Oct-11 18:15:54

I recently bought a coat from eBay but returned it as the size label had been removed and was no way the size the seller had specified. Also hooks and eyes had been replaced and it stank of perfume, really badly. None of these things were described and the seller was in the wrong, so she was happy for me to return it.
She has just refunded me the price and original postage. As I understand it she doesn't have to refund me the postage I paid to return it? However now she wants me to agree to cancel the transaction so she can get the fees back. As I had to pay nearly £6 to return it I don't feel it is remotely fair that she should get her fees back when I'm out of pocket due to her negligence. I would usually not return and just sell on, but if I had relisted the item truthfully (as she hadn't) I wouldn't have got the money back that I had originally paid.

fergoose Tue 11-Oct-11 18:21:44

yes it is cheeky

tell her you will agree to cancel the transaction after she gives you your £6 costs

Oh and leave appropriate feedback too - just don't threaten it to the seller.

pickledparsnip Tue 11-Oct-11 19:04:06

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now