Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

foreign bidders

(7 Posts)
Doomandgloom Mon 10-Oct-11 19:55:10

Just started selling a few things on ebay and at the moment my highest bidder is from Hungary.Now I know they may not win (still a few days left),but I stated that I would only ship to uk.I also revised my item and ticked the ebay box that blocked international bidders,though this was after Hungarian bidders initial bid.They have now increased their bid again, but I would have thought that after I had ticked the no international bidders box they would not have been able to do this.Does ebay still show your item to international bidders even when you have ticked the box,anyone had this problem?

KatharineClifton Mon 10-Oct-11 23:37:16

Usually changes only apply for new listings you make after.

I sent to Hungary last year with no problems. Is it a high value item? I'd suggest that you message the bidder and double check they know that the postage will be higher than on your listing and get their confirmation to pay this when you find out what it is.

fergoose Mon 10-Oct-11 23:50:58

add them to your blocked bidder list - that will cancel their bid and prevent further bidding from them

KatharineClifton Mon 10-Oct-11 23:55:21

I tried that with a zero rated bidder on one of my listings and it didn't work. They still carried on bidding.

fergoose Tue 11-Oct-11 08:02:48

a bidder was able to bid after being added to a blocked bidder list? - that is not possible.

KatharineClifton Tue 11-Oct-11 14:20:24

I'll try it again then. Perhaps I did it wrong confused

fergoose Tue 11-Oct-11 16:11:09

copy and paste the user id into your blocked list then you are sure it is correct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now