Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I've been given a neutral by seller for taking 2 days to leave feedback after delivery.. Normal? Fair??

(18 Posts)
Wurg Sun 09-Oct-11 11:14:31

Is it just me or is that a bit bonkers?

I bought a book for 99p from a seller with decent feedback. It arrived fairly promptly. The day after it arrived I had a fairly snippy email asking me to leave feedback

I got round to it the following day, leaving positive feedback along the lines of "great item, fast delivery"

I then received a neutral feedback saying "quick payment but this is a buyer who has to be chased for feedback - beware!"

I know a neutral isn't the end of the world and won't affect my 100% rating, but damn when did sellers get so batshit crazy strict?!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilyloo Sun 09-Oct-11 11:17:08

I didn't think sellers could leave neutral / neg feedback just buyers ?

SootySweepandSue Sun 09-Oct-11 11:17:40

I would ask the seller to remove the neutral. There is no requirement to leave feedback. If you ask me the seller is unhinged!

fergoose Sun 09-Oct-11 11:22:05

how could the seller leave you a neutral?

But you can't leave neutral for buyers can you?!

fergoose Sun 09-Oct-11 11:23:23

oh and contact eBay, if that is a neg comment on a positive rating they will remove it.

Make sure you follow up the feedback you left for the seller - 'hounded for feedback, wish I'd left a neg'

or something along those lines.

Toughasoldboots Sun 09-Oct-11 11:23:42

Loon- I won't leave feedback if someone sends harassing emails either.
Don't take it personally, eBay is full of them.

You could always add to your feedback or tell eBay you left feedback for wrong seller and could you have it removed please.

Depends how much of your life you want to waste on the crazy person. Most people will see that and know it is not you.

Toughasoldboots Sun 09-Oct-11 11:25:07

That's true- you can only leave positive confused

fergoose Sun 09-Oct-11 11:29:48

Feedback is purely voluntary by the way, sellers who demand it deserve bad feedback in my view. i buy and sell goods, not feedback.

Meglet Sun 09-Oct-11 11:38:28

Bonkers.

Wurg Sun 09-Oct-11 11:38:58

oh hold on blush it's actually a positive, silly bugger DH said it was a neutral. Apologies for confusion! Am a bit new at this lark blush

but then it's a negative comment in the positive category which is irritating. Not a huge problem in the greater scheme of things, especially as DS has just tried to flush a bagel down the loo.

fergoose Sun 09-Oct-11 11:43:01

Wurg they broke the rules - go to eBay live help and it will be removed and the seller will get a slapped wrist

Also do leave follow up to feedback you left them. They are nothing but a bully!

aswellasyou Sun 09-Oct-11 11:47:20

You got me excited thinking eBay had returned to equal feedback for buyers and sellers!

I think you can report it if it's a negative comment on a positive. You can also ask the seller to revise it since they've been completely unreasonable. Or put a comment on it saying 'feedback left after two days and a pestering email from seller'.wink

Georgimama Sun 09-Oct-11 11:51:02

Do you have to leave feedback then? I am always forgetting and then doing it in bulk weeks after a transaction. Whoops.

fergoose Sun 09-Oct-11 11:55:34

no you most certainly do not have to leave feedback - it is purely voluntary

Lilyloo Sun 09-Oct-11 11:55:38

I wouldn't worry about it , it will still be a positive on your feedback , some people are nutters , think this was prob one of the reasons they stopped sellers leaving anything but positive feedback on buyers !

Acandlelitshadow Sun 09-Oct-11 12:07:47

Ebay is the province of the barking. If it really bothers you, you can leave a follow up comment and or report it as negative comments aren't supposed to be left with a positive rating but personally I'd just let it slip off the page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now