Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what do you do if an item never shows up?

(5 Posts)
Kveta Fri 07-Oct-11 09:58:44

I ordered some fabric from an ebay seller on September 18th, which has yet to turn up. I checked on ebay when it should be with me, and it said if not by 1st of October, contact the seller. I have contacted the seller, who is telling me I just have to wait and be patient. Seller is in the UK, as am I, so it's just Royal Mail delivery.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of an ebay novice, so am not sure what to do next. Can I complain, demand a refund, etc? I paid with paypal on the 18th.

thanks for any advice!

coansha Fri 07-Oct-11 10:36:36

I think 2 weeks grace is plenty of time, you have contacted them so now they should refund you or replace it. you only have a certain amount of time to claim so I would send polite but firm email saying you have BEEN patient and courteous they have had in excess of 2 weeks , which is more than enough time to pack, post and have it delivered to you, so now you want a full refund or replacement, failure to do so will result in you reporting them to ebay, leaving negative feedback which point out is your last resort as you are a fair person, tell them they have 2 days to reply.

fergoose Fri 07-Oct-11 12:01:49

you have been more than patient already I reckon

If the seller makes you wait further just open a not received case and eBay will force the seller to refund you.

Kveta Fri 07-Oct-11 12:04:01

cheers, I was trying to be patient, but am a bit pissed off with him now. (It was only fabric for making a bloody halloween costume, ffs, so hardly important, but time is obviously of the essence!!)

fergoose Fri 07-Oct-11 12:15:43

It seems like seller may be wanting to keep you waiting until 45 days are up then you are too late to open a case

Open with paypal today and escalate immediately smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now