Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Restricted selling for non seller performance

(11 Posts)
salempickles Thu 06-Oct-11 14:23:48

Hi, does anyone know how long this usually lasts for, the email i received just says indefinitely ive searched on the internet and some say 30-90 days.

I have 440 +feedback, 2 negative and 1 neutral so was shocked ive received this, just really worried i now cant make any money as this is my income at the moment and with Christmas coming up don't need the stress to be honest

salem - I think the guess of between 30-90 days is accurate, sorry. You could come on our ebay Christmas thread and ask Tortoise - she was in a similar situation and I think it was about 6 months for her.

Were your negatives and neutral close together?

salempickles Thu 06-Oct-11 15:26:03

Hi, not theyre not close together i could maybe understand it if they were but the neg was from february and the neutrals were from april and may, Ill ask on the thread as im curious to know how long i could possibly be waiting to list again, thanks

That seems very weird to be notified now - have you listed since May?

The link to the Christmas thread is here and Tortoise posts pretty regularly on there. I'm sure she'll be able to give you some tips - I'd suggest listing as many things as your restrictions allow ASAP - does the ebay email say which part of your DSR has caused this?

fergoose Thu 06-Oct-11 16:46:29

I guess your DSRs have fallen causing your account to be restricted

Have you had any unhappy buyers recently leaving low stars, is there anything you could resolve so they would revise their feedback?

I would ask eBay live help if I were you for clarification.

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Thu 06-Oct-11 16:50:11

It happened to me, it's probably down to the stars rather than your neg rating. The seller dashboard should show you exactly where they want to see improvements.

Have you got any feedback still waiting to cone back, worth chasing up if you think they'll give 3/4 stars.

sarahtigh Thu 06-Oct-11 22:54:06

do not chase feedback it makes people more likely to score DSR lower check DSR do you have scores below 4.7 or 3 or more 1/2 stars in any category

if restricted to 10 items a month you must sell 10 a month and choose items wisely not all 99p stuff charge P&P at exactly postage rate keep listing and after 3-6 months will be reviewed , or go to live chat /help and ask precisely what is wrong, but don't bother asking for restrictions to be lifted for at least 3 months they just won't.

DH had a problem as someone was using his old address and had done something he was restricted for a while

DSR far more important than 100% feedback or neutrals, you could easily get positive feedback because someone liked item but still a 1 star for postage as you charged more than stamp said, good luck any way

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 07-Oct-11 08:00:27

I was restricted to less than 10 items as well as a total sales restriction of £16 odd.

I sold two items, one 99p and one 2.50 ish and then it was reviewed shortly after and removed.

salempickles Fri 07-Oct-11 09:14:55

Thanks for the replies, I have just looked again at my dsr's and it shows the usual 2/3 for all apart from p&p where it now shows 11 !!! 3 of those where from where i sent it recorded, the buyer never claimed it and it was returned back to me so i had to send it out again at no extra cost to the buyer i might add.. so i do all that and they still mark me low,i post out every other day so provided the buyer pays they receive their item within 3-4 days which i think is reasonable.

I did have a period where my payments were held in paypal which was about 3 months or so around may/june but that was lifted a while ago and thought everything was ok, im now thinking do i have to wait for a year till my dsr's go back to zero and i can start again, i will try the ebay live chat though, ive used that before and found it more helpful than sending an email, still a pita though!

LoveBeingAMummyAgain Fri 07-Oct-11 09:52:22

Is it the cost of the p&p?

Tbh I'm quite fed up of eBay and am probably gonna start selling elsewhere

salempickles Fri 07-Oct-11 10:02:30

Hi, no i dont think so, for a top or dress i charge between £2.25 and £2.75 for shoes etc i charge £3.50,i send everything over £10 recorded and dont charge extra for it, it can ony be the postage which i have explained as im not a business i dont go to the post office every single day

If you find somewhere to sell do let me know, im sick of the ebay/paypal fees plus they can stop you at a minutes notice for something so silly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now