Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Just received papypal payment for my first sold item - have paypal already taken their fee? And questions re ebay fees too.

(4 Posts)
SpideySenseTingling Thu 06-Oct-11 09:38:01

The received money is a bit less than the buyer has paid me, so is that the paypal fee? I thought they "saved up" all their fees and took them in one go once a month or something? Or is that ebay fees?

And how much ARE ebay fees? Is it 10% of sale price (plus any insertion fee)? And they just take their money from my paypal account don't theY, but how often and is there any where I can see how much I owe them, so I can keep track?

Thanks. Novice at this, as you can see!

SpideySenseTingling Thu 06-Oct-11 09:44:32

BTW, I have googled this. Serached for "fees" on ebay and yes it told me what they were but not easily able to find how, so I thought the ebay MNers would be bound to know.

fergoose Thu 06-Oct-11 09:57:27

Use this for your fees

www.ebaycalculator.co.uk/

paypal take their fees straight away, your eBay invoice is produced once a month. From myeBay click on Account and then Seller Account to see your fees.

SpideySenseTingling Thu 06-Oct-11 10:03:09

fergoose thank you very much, that's really helpful, especially the seller account area where I can see what my next invoice will be.

I clicked on your link and interestingly it offered to sell me their website! Wonder what the fees on that sale would be! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now