Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help! Paid but no item and no way of complaining!

(8 Posts)
glittershoes Wed 05-Oct-11 13:19:45

Just looking for some help and advice please. I am a first time ebay buyer and bought a coat on 19th September, the payment has come out of my account and I was told to expect the item around 21st September.

Unfortunately I haven't received it yet and have emailed the seller twice (once on email and once through ebay) but had no response yet (I emailed last Friday).

What do I do next?

I have tried contacting ebay but have been told that they can't track it as I paid through a guest paypal account so I have duly opened a paypal account to track that way but don't have a Paypal ID number for the transaction.

Aaaaagh!

Seem to be stuck with no coat and out of pocket and no idea what to do next to resolve it!

Any help much appreciated.

KatharineClifton Wed 05-Oct-11 13:20:34

You can open a case through the purchase on ebay surely? Go to the purchase and the option will be there.

KatharineClifton Wed 05-Oct-11 13:26:08

Go to 'purchase history' off 'My ebay' at the top.

Click 'more actions' on the right of the listing. Click 'resolve a problem'. Click 'My item hasn't arrived yet'. Click 'yes' to having contacted seller. Click onto 'Open a case online' and complete.

The paypal stuff is irrelevant.

fergoose Wed 05-Oct-11 14:47:16

you will still have a transaction id for the paypal payment, you will also have the payment email too? - why don't you give paypal a phone call and they can help you open a not received case.

glittershoes Wed 05-Oct-11 14:49:37

Thanks for your replies KatharineClifton. I have tried to do that but once I click on 'Open a case online' it comes up with:

You purchased this item as a PayPal guest user and will need to contact PayPal directly by going through their Resolution Centre.

And when I go to their Resolution Centre it asks me for the Paypal ID number which I don't have. I've tried the item number and receipt number but neither seems to work.

fergoose Wed 05-Oct-11 14:52:55

ok well I think you need to phone paypal then

If it was funded with a credit card you could do a chargeback - if not try calling your bank as some accounts will let you get a refund via a chargeback too.

glittershoes Wed 05-Oct-11 14:58:50

Thanks fergoose, will try that now. Fingers crossed!

fergoose Wed 05-Oct-11 15:04:54

The transaction id of the payment will be in your paypal email that you received when you made it (top right)

I would think you can open a case using that id number.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now