Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Returns policy reset to "returns accepted"

(3 Posts)
sandk Tue 04-Oct-11 21:26:11

I've just discovered that ebay reset my returns policy to "returns accepted" on some footwear that I've just sold.

Obviously I will now have to honour that if the buyer chooses to return the item.

However I can't find anywhere that says whether I would have to refund both the original outgoing postage and the return postage, or whether that is at my discretion. Does anyone know the answer to this for definite?

I'm a private seller not a business seller, if that makes any difference.

dizzyday07 Tue 04-Oct-11 23:30:51

If they raise a dispute and then return you have to refund their whole payment (item cost + postage). I think it's discressionary as to whether you refund their return postage - depening upon the reason for the return

Agree with Dizzy - you can't say that you don't accept returns but when a buyer opens an ebay case ebay will ask you to return the full price paid including P&P but not the return P&P.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now