Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Newbie- what do I do with a best offer?

(6 Posts)
Gigondas Sun 02-Oct-11 22:27:16

selling load of pfb tat baby stuff and had offer on a sling. It's an ok offer but very low (I put to sell this item at 30 quid as it has a bit of use/sar in cupboard and similar items which seemed newer etc were on with but now price of 40 quid or more).

It's on for a week but had offer for 20 quid that expires Tuesday - am ok with this in theory but would prefer ro wait few more days.

Do i reject or can you say you want ro extend offer for another couple of days?

fergoose Sun 02-Oct-11 22:30:10

no, you can't extend it but you can go back with a higher counter offer

Go back with £25 maybe?

Gigondas Sun 02-Oct-11 22:32:55

Thanks fergoose

sarahtigh Sun 02-Oct-11 22:33:26

how many watchers do you have ?.. if it is buy it now (BIN) rather than auction i would be looking at a best offer being about 10-15% below asking price , you can decline their offer and send counter offer or when you decline they may offer a bit more but they can only make 3 offers so the thrid offer if not accepted by you will mean no sale to that buyer

I would give counter offer as you started at £30 of 27 then they get 2 days to accept they may then come back with 24/25

Mspontipine Sun 02-Oct-11 23:11:18

If you send a counter offer this automatically declines the offer made by buyer, so you could be left with no offer. I've sent counter offers and never heard from them again!! Would you rather accept £20 than nothing?

Gigondas Mon 03-Oct-11 07:21:09

Thanks all- I think on balance I would rather accept nothing than 20 quid- counter offer ides is goof. There was a watcher on it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now