Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

lost items and fees

(7 Posts)
goingbacktowork Sun 02-Oct-11 08:15:21

Hi. I posted some time ago about items I had sold that never turned up at the sellers. Unfortunately I cann get no compensation for the voucher I sold; the clothing I am going to try and get something back for. Disaster really as both being sold for charity. Is there any way I can get refund of sale fees from ebay otherwise not only does charity not get money from the sale but we have to pay the seller fees so we actually lose money. I cannot seem to find any information on this on the ebay site. Many thanks.

AKMD Sun 02-Oct-11 09:41:07

I don't think so as it isn't eBay's fault that the items got lost in the post, sorry sad

Sorry, no, you can't get your seller fees back.

fergoose Sun 02-Oct-11 10:35:18

you could ask the buyers to cancel the transactions after you have issued them with a refund and you will then get your final fees back.

goingbacktowork Sun 16-Oct-11 08:53:17

Can someone please tell me how they find cancel the transaction on ebay - they cannot find it. Do I have to have refunded first for them to find this?

Also on the more expensice item that got lost the buyer already left feedback as to how good I had been - does that mean she cannot cancel the transaction now? It cost the charoty over £10 in selling fees and then we had to refund the lot! Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

sarahtigh Sun 16-Oct-11 09:34:46

go to resolution centre click problem with transaction, I want to cancel, it is then up to buyer to agree if they agree you get feees back if they dont .. you don't if they do not reply in 7 days you get fees back

sarahtigh Sun 16-Oct-11 09:35:25

not listing fees just final selling fees; paypal refund fees when you refund

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now