Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

returns?

(4 Posts)
whiskeylover Fri 30-Sep-11 13:51:11

hi, i bought an item of clothing and when it arrived it is not as described, has a fastining missing and a tear. contacted seller who has said to send it back, which i fine. but will they have to refund my postage costs? from them sending and me returning?
ta

fergoose Fri 30-Sep-11 14:12:17

they should refund your return costs but this is impossible to enforce. They have to refund all your original pymt including the postage.

Send it recorded so they can't pretend not to receive the item.

whiskeylover Fri 30-Sep-11 14:15:02

gah!! it takes the mick that they dont have to refund the return postage. thanks for the help.

sarahtigh Sat 01-Oct-11 18:52:46

it might help on item not as described if proven that both lots of posting are covered but for most private sellers if had to pay both you would get returns for people changing mind things not fitting, you can only return for that reason with business sellers,

being both buyer and a seller there are bad ones of both though not many generally ebayer is more supportive of buyers than sellers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now