Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Not allowed to list anything.....

(8 Posts)
ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 27-Sep-11 12:17:53

I have been ebaying for a while and always selling hopefully good quality clothes that I no longer fit into or items that I have used a couple of times, all in good condition etc.

Anyhow I was listing some stuff my mum gave me that haven't been used/worn and are really really nice - some designer shoes, a boden suit, all high value and still with tags on etc. I recently listed something that a buyer has said was a bit "grey". Well they were vvv pale lilac voile curtains and I suppose could have looked a bit "grey" but not from being used iyswim they were always like that and hadn't been used for a very long time as we moved house, they were packed away and I thought that someone might like them so listed - they were more than 1 picture etc which were pretty true to form. They sold for £1, took ages for him to put the feedback up which was neutral. (I have contacted saying am happy to refund if unhappy once item is returned, which I really am but am not refunding him for something that I don't get back iyswim but so far have not had a response)

Anyway I sat down to list some more items (tend to do it in bulk when I have girded my loins smile) listed the designer shoes, then tried to list an unwanted present but ebay won't let me list it. They keep saying I have to verify myself? I don't know when this all changed but I am concerned they have put me back to new user status? Could it be to do with this other guy? I just don't understand and can't seem to find any information. Has this happened to anyone else?

Am so confused and a bit frustrated that I can't list the items and get them out the house iyswim and get some much needed cash!

fergoose Tue 27-Sep-11 12:29:55

you verifying yourself is confirming your identity - nothing to do with a neutral feedback received

Does it give you steps to follow to get verified?

fergoose Tue 27-Sep-11 12:32:50

look - this explains it

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/identity-confirmation.html#Why%20can%27t%20I%20list%20my%20item?

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 27-Sep-11 12:41:58

Thanks fergoose, it just seemed strange it was all happening around the same time smile I just couldn't find anything when I looked on the ebay, it wants me to verify via paypal and so has told me that it will get back to me within 3 - 5 working days whereas the ebay one is automatic, I have to wait for 2 seperate deposits into my account then confirm what they are - it is hugely confusing and quite frankly a little suspicious.

fergoose Tue 27-Sep-11 13:33:50

no not suspicious, perfectly normal, don't worry.

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Sep-11 13:39:41

Normal, happened to me recently, was quite straightforward. I had only had positive feedback recently.

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 27-Sep-11 14:05:40

Oh good! I was just worrying as we had our paypal account hacked recently, so perhaps that is it, also for some reason it is letting me put other things on but not clothes so perhaps there is just something there - will verify and hope to be selling again soon. Want to do some xmas boosting -actually who am I kidding I want to declutter so I can then purchase some new work clothes grin

sarahtigh Thu 29-Sep-11 10:02:25

they are very cagey about designer items so if not being selling them and then suddenly a lot they will want to check it out its not personal though it seems like it after people selling lots of fake designer stuff then disappearing

verifying will take about 1 week it happenned to me when new had a few months of only being able to sell 10 items

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now