Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

why on earth do people sell things on ebay for more than you can get elsewhere?

(8 Posts)
headfairy Fri 23-Sep-11 20:11:23

Seriously if I can get a new item on Amazon for less then you are marketing your goods badly. Even BNIB items for much much more than on Amazon. Why on earth?

dizzyday07 Fri 23-Sep-11 21:45:47

Because they can!

And some people may not have the "cash" to buy from Amazon but have the Paypal pennies to use on Ebay.

aftereight Fri 23-Sep-11 21:49:38

I recently sold an item on eBay for the same price it is available in Mothercare, and mine was 6 years old. Still in stock in mothercare, too. Still not sure why the frenzied bidding took place, but not complaining!

NormaSnorks Fri 23-Sep-11 21:52:20

I'm not sure everyone bothers to check the latest prices on Amazon. I think some people just use eBay automatically and assume it's cheaper....

MirandaWest Fri 23-Sep-11 21:53:46

I think sometimes it is more why do people buy things on ebay that are cheaper elsewhere. Although sometimes Buy It Now prices are at silly levels.

headfairy Fri 23-Sep-11 22:01:05

But dizzy can't you use paypal to buy things on Amazon too? I thought you could...

MirandaWest Fri 23-Sep-11 22:13:25

Don;t think you can - think it is bank card or amazon gift voucher only.

ChuffMuffin Sat 24-Sep-11 18:58:15

And you can pay by echeque on Paypal - which is rather annoying if you're a seller!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now