Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can't un-tick 'donate to charity' box! Urgent help needed please!

(6 Posts)
oopslateagain Tue 20-Sep-11 18:43:37

Help! I listed a load of items to go 'live' later this evening, I just realised that I have listed them ALL as 'Donate to charity'. Several of them are probably going to go for less than a pound, and the charity rules say that if the item sells the minimum donation is £1, which will leave me horribly out of pocket!

I went in to revise the listings, but nothing happens when I click 'do not want to donate at this time". I can edit most other things but not this.

Please don't say I have to cancel all the listings and upload them all again... sad

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 18:57:01

no idea - why don't you ask live help or go to the eBay community boards - someone will be able to help.

oopslateagain Tue 20-Sep-11 19:01:14

The live help was useless, automated answers which don't help! I've just been searching the community boards for an answer, not sure if it's an Ebay problem or a problem with my computer settings.

I'm still checking out the boards but if anyone here has any ideas I'd be grateful.

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 19:10:26

live chat is a real person - not automated

why don't you post a thread on the eBay boards

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 19:11:36

go here - on the right where it says chat with us

ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&ref=1&topicrelid=5007250130&sid=5159344205&convId=0

oopslateagain Tue 20-Sep-11 20:25:13

Ah thanks fergoose I was looking at the wrong 'chat' button.

I did post threads on the eBay boards, no replies as yet...

I finally found the answer deep in the depths of the eBay help boards - once listed as a charity item you can't change it. So I did have to re-list all my items - that'll teach me to double check before listing! I did think I had time to check them as they were listed a day in advance of the time they were due to go live, but I didn't realise certain things couldn't be changed.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now