Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer opened case on one item out of two

(4 Posts)
Honeymum Tue 20-Sep-11 18:28:03

Ive been using ebay for yonks and never had any bad feedback.

A buyer recently bought two items of clothing from me and is complaining about one. The buyer says the zip was broken when there is a gap in the loop bit of the zip where it attaches to the main zip IYKWIM. The zip works perfectly well. A pair of pliers would close the gap. I failed to mention this in the item description but I honestly didn't think it was a big deal. Honestly.

Anyhow, Paypal is keeping all of the cash from this buyer, for both items until this case is resolved. Is that fair? Is there anything I can do about it? Am I, or is the buyer unreasonable? I can't help feeling a bit like he is trying it on.

Thanking you for any wise advice.

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 18:41:15

i would just ask the buyer to return for a refund - either 1 or both items

You can select that in the case can't you - they then return at their expense and once received you give back the money

Yirkmum Tue 20-Sep-11 18:43:14

The zip is broken though - yes you can easily fix it but if so why didn't you do that before sending it? i think you should have mentioned it, sorry.

Honeymum Tue 20-Sep-11 20:45:12

Because it wasn't noticeable - seriously - the gap is there but it is small. It doesn't stop the zip working. It isn't broken as in won't zip up. Yep maybe I should have noticed it and mentioned it. But I wouldn't have opened a case for it. No way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now