Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Tricky seller

(6 Posts)
stayathomegardener Tue 20-Sep-11 13:17:05

'Won' an item about a month ago,was very pleased as the price was great

Paid by paypal but the payment remained unclaimed,contacted the seller who said the problem was that end but should be fine now,have resubmitted payment but the same thing happened.

Have contacted the seller to ask for address so I can pay by cheque and for updates-nothing

Is this a scam?Is there anything I can do I really want the item.

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 13:18:50

No, doubt it is a scam. Probably just an inexperienced seller

why don't you pull their details and give them a call

I wonder if they have incorrect email address linked to paypal account

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/know-seller-contact.html

stayathomegardener Tue 20-Sep-11 13:25:11

Thanks You are probably right as only 7 sales in the last year.I suspect though that they have had a better private cash offer

There is no phone No listed,unless I'm not looking in the right place only the email contact which they now don't respond to I have emailed 4 or 5 times and they only responded to the first one.

stayathomegardener Tue 20-Sep-11 13:27:10

By 'winning' the item would I be right in thinking we had entered into an agreement and that I could hold them to that-in so much as I could if I could contact them

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 13:30:20

yes it is an agreement but impossible to enforce

I wouldn't send them a cheque if you are worried they are scamming you - you would have no redress except small claims to get your money back

What are they asking you to do - pay by cheque or are they just not communicating?

I think you should phone them, then if no joy leave feedback and move on

Click on the link I posted, fill in details and you will get their number emailed to you

fergoose Tue 20-Sep-11 13:31:21

Here - fill this in

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch/_?_adv=1&_ipg=&_sofindtype=9&_rdc=1#ContactInfo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now