Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

To bundle or not to bundle

(12 Posts)
reastie Sat 17-Sep-11 21:21:10

I have some baby bits of my DDs I'm selling and was planning on selling them as big(ish) bundles but I'm unsure as to whether to sell everything as bundles based on size or to sell certain bits individually. Eg in my 0-3 month bundle I have a nice denim snow suit, 2 gro bags (1 BNWT the other barely used) and a swaddle blanket. I'm wondering whether to do them separately or if people would be more likely to bid more if I bundle everything together for a super duper big bundle with everything someone could want who are expecting a new baby (even down to the bibs, socks and muslins). Any suggestions from experienced ones? I've not really sold clothes on ebay before hmm

DecapitatedLegoman Sat 17-Sep-11 21:27:58

I'd sell high value items separately. If someone wants a snowsuit or sleeping bag they'll search for them, not for bundles. As for bundles themselves, mine have always been hit and miss so I don't know what the secret is!

reastie Sat 17-Sep-11 21:31:05

so if you had a BNWT tshirt of a 'nice' brand (eg the white company or petite bateau etc) you'd sell that separately to the whole of the bundle? hmm I just wonder how likely it is that loads of stuff won't sell confused

DecapitatedLegoman Sat 17-Sep-11 21:33:53

BNWT branded things sell well separately. Used Tesco vests - bundle grin

Anything which doesn't sell can always be bundled later.

sarahtigh Sun 18-Sep-11 21:02:18

snowsuit separate, both gro-bags together, whole outfits ( especially with tights or leggings) separate if you have pinafore and bodysuit and tights keep together, if tights a bit worn can throw in another pair that does not necessarily quite match a extra pair if a squidgy nappy save changing whole outfit always good

sell sensible bundles together like 3 pairs of leggings and 3 t shirts or 4 sleep suits 6 vests sell shoes/wellies as separate items; if somethings are tesco primark etc bundle together as play clothes. dont sell anything wth holes or stains

and dont charge 3.50 to post 1 t shirt!!! like someone tried with me then it arrived with large letter stamp !

good luck

reastie Sun 18-Sep-11 21:23:16

sarah that postage thing drives me mad! SO you would bundle similar stuff together in lots of mini bundles instead of one big bundle then? hmm

jimswifein1964 Sun 18-Sep-11 21:26:34

Doesnt it still cap the postage at £4 or thereabouts? In which case, you need to make sure your bundles arent too heavy or you will lose out.

reastie Sun 18-Sep-11 21:27:56

jim I've heard people courier them and state this in the payment and then give cost in the blurb. No idea if this is proper policy though

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 18-Sep-11 21:31:02

Similar clothes, in a bundle. Anything like grobags or anything BNWT sell separately.

Check out the current eBay thread for tips smile

BTW - I've just got 10.50 for one fleece sleepsuit, and 6.50 for a 2 x t-shirt bundle. Check your weights carefully though and don't estimate postage, esp parcel sized. If listing lots or similar items separately, link to you'd other listings and offer to combine postage

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 18-Sep-11 21:33:03

Def list the grobags separately though as one is BNWT, but just put a weblink to the other one at the bottom of the listing

reastie Sun 18-Sep-11 21:43:20

excellent advice jareth I keep meaning to pop my head in the door of the ebay thread but so many messages I thought I'd get confused

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 18-Sep-11 21:45:44

Just read the last weeks worth of posts, theres a good list of tips that the OP has posted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now