Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long to leave a non-payer?

(4 Posts)
FluffyGreenMould79 Fri 16-Sep-11 11:16:40

I was selling four items which all ended on Tuesday. Only two of them paid and now I'm stuck with large ebay fees and two non payments (one for almost £100). I've sent an invoice and today sent an email asking when they intended to pay. Still nothing from either.

How long do I leave it before assuming they have no intention of paying? Am I being too impatient?

Well ebay lets you open a non-paying bidder case at the end of day 4 and you can close it at the end of day 7 if they don't pay, then you can relist it and you'll get your fees back. Which means the buyer in effect has 7 days to pay. You'll probably find if they are genuine buyers they'll pay within a day of you opening the case.

I know it's annoying when people don't pay right away but I think 4 days is fair before opening a case, that's what I do.

FluffyGreenMould79 Fri 16-Sep-11 11:27:19

I'll give them the weekend and open a case on Monday.

sarahtigh Sat 17-Sep-11 14:00:31

as you sent email friday give them another 48 hours so sunday afternoon monday and then open case

if someone has genuine problem paying they notrmally email stright away saying can you wait till next wedbnesday or whatever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now