Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Hate giving bad feedback, but it smells of smoke...

(6 Posts)
BelleEnd Thu 15-Sep-11 09:47:56

Should I just let it go?

Got an absolute bargain- £2.50 for a Thomas the Tank Engine fleece all-in-one for DS1. It said it was used and from a smoke-free home. It said that it was a grandparent decluttering.

It's arrived today and it's in good nick, but there is a faint but noticeable whiff of smoke. It will probably wash out, but I am a bit disappointed. She has 100% feedback.

I am thinking of just letting it go, but is that bad form, considering other parents may buy from the same seller?

fergoose Thu 15-Sep-11 09:49:32

well you should email the seller first and see what they say.

GloriaVanderbilt Thu 15-Sep-11 09:50:41

ok well sometimes...and this will sound weird...if these things are kept or wrapped in plastic for a while, they pong of smoke. It's a chemical in the plastic.

I promise I'm not the seller! I've stored stuff in bags before and NEVER smoke so I know this. And it's happened with things arriving from ebay.

Don't leave neg, leave it outside to air for a while and should be fine smile

I don't think folk bother to lie about a smkoe free home really, could just put nothng iyswim

BelleEnd Thu 15-Sep-11 10:00:57

OK Gloria, that makes me feel better! I do hate to leave neg feedback, I don't like to play ebay games. I'll stick it in the wash, and then on the line. smile

dizzyday07 Thu 15-Sep-11 10:53:43

I was just going to say the same as Gloria. Black bags are notorious for leaving their contents smelling like they've been near smoke!

fergoose Thu 15-Sep-11 11:00:23

I think it may be worth your while contacting the seller. Just say I know your listing says non smokers, but item did smell smoky, and you wonder if the type of bags they use are causing the problem? If I was the seller I would want to know.

Mind you the seller could be lying and it could actually be smoke you can smell?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now