Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

18 watchers, 0 bids, 2 hours remaining...is this going to sell?

(10 Posts)
mogs0 Wed 14-Sep-11 20:48:53

I have had such a busy day today that I totally forgot that my listing was ending tonight!

I have picked up 6 new watchers since last night but not a single bid so far.

So, who wants to place bets on whether it sells or not? Fingers and toes crossed that it does because it's my only item listed so far in the Christmas challenge blush. I promise to try harder next week grin.

chocolateyclur Wed 14-Sep-11 20:50:08

I've noticed more and more that people are bidding last minute and "fighting" to win.

Fingers crossed!

mogs0 Wed 14-Sep-11 20:52:57

I've noticed that too but there's usually an ebayer with low feedback who'll bid early on.

Please let there be bids!

AgonyBeetle Wed 14-Sep-11 20:54:22

Depends what your starting price is. If 99p, then I'd say Yes, it will sell. If higher than that, maybe not, depending on what the item is and how much of a bargain the starting price is relative to the value of the item, iyswim.

mogs0 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:01:43

Start price is £75, it's a double mountain buggy, cost approx £500 new.

2years ago they were selling for a minimum of £250 second-hand. They seem to vary loads at the moment but I think £75 is very bargainous.

If it does get loads of any bids, I really hope it's picked up rather than having to pack it up for a courier. It's such a faff but it's a faff I'm willing to take if the thing sells grin.

ChuffMuffin Wed 14-Sep-11 21:35:18

I had a whole bunch of watchers on my last item, which was a vintage collectable. Someone bid 99p with 6 days left and it stayed that way right up until 20 seconds before the end where I had a flurry of.. a single bid. My item sold for £1.07! And I had to send it by courier. Oh well, things are only worth what people will pay for them!

Fingers crossed you get a good price smile

mogs0 Wed 14-Sep-11 23:01:06

3 minutes to go, 21 watchers and 2 bids (from the same bidder).

ChuffMuffin Thu 15-Sep-11 19:00:15

How did it sell? smile

mogs0 Thu 15-Sep-11 19:09:02

It sold for the start price. I was a bit miffed last night but will be glad to get rid of it now. I really should be trying to pack it at the moment but really haven't got the energy.

sarahtigh Thu 15-Sep-11 19:15:49

in my experience 2-3 watchers no sale 5 watchers for start price 10 a bit more than start price more than 20 watchers could see a reasonable profit, that is a generalisation it is mostly true have had the odd thing with 15 watchers not sell and got good price with 2 watchers but again it depends on category if something on at 99p and obviously worth much more some bid 99p early to stop revisions of listing or buy it now prices antiques and collectables often sell in last seconds, does not seem so much in childrens clothes etc
personally I always try and bid in last few seconds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now