Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How do I refund plus P&P?

(3 Posts)
toobreathless Wed 14-Sep-11 13:20:30

Hi,

I sold a quite expensive breastfeeding top as 'like new' (worn once) the buyer has returned to me saying there are 3 very small holes in the shoulder seam. She sounded polite & has 100% positive feedback with a lot of sales so I have no reason to think she isn't genuine.

I have offered her a £10 refund & keep the top or to return for a full refund & I have said I will refund P&P. I am now struggling to refund more than she paid me (i.e including P&P) could anybody tell me how to do this?

Many thanks,

fergoose Wed 14-Sep-11 14:04:05

you can't - you can only refund what she paid you. The extra would have to be a paypal payment to her incurring fees or chq/postal order

Incidentally don't refund until the item has been returned.

LaWeasel Wed 14-Sep-11 14:18:58

DH had to do this yesterday, as you say you can't raise the refund level, you have to do the return postage as a seperate payment. (I can ask him tonight how he did that 'cos I'm not sure)

Don't do it until you get your item back, you then have 3 days according to ebay rules to make the refund payment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now